[OS X TeX] Dental problem

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Fri Feb 18 18:22:43 CET 2005

Alain,

If you look closely at the output from your example, you'll see that
there is some indenting of all the tables, so you \noindent isn't quite
working. (Look at the first table ... it's not flush left, it starts
under the center of the 't' that's on the line above.)

Replacing the \noindent lines by \hskip-\leftmargin in the asparenum
and compactitem environments makes those tables flush left. However, it
doesn't make them line up directly under the first table. (It does make
them line up directly under the text in the first paragraph, however.)
I'm not quite sure what's going on with the first table, and why it's
slightly indented.

If you keep the \noindent lines for the first two tables, try using
\hskip-12pt instead of \noindent for the compactitem environment.
That's not going to be robust, but it seems to work for this example.
I'm not sure where that number is coming from.

Chris Goedde

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>