[OS X TeX] Replace LaTeX????

Joachim Kock jkock at ya.com
Wed Feb 16 02:08:01 CET 2005

>>You could hasten my decision if you tell me that [AlphaX] supports
>>nice editing of .dtx files...is this the case? AUCTeX is pretty nice
>>in this regard, but I can still see room for improvement.

Will, I think it would be helpful if you could put together a quick
wish list for dtx support --- helpful for the development of Alpha or
any other editor.  Usually the Alpha developers are quite responsive
to concrete input, and I might also be interested in this myself.
I have never written a dtx document, but I have experimented a lot
with tex documents with embedded Tcl and Maxima code --- a sort of
worksheet with active cells.  Possibly there are some ideas to reuse,
in one direction or the other...

Cheers,
Joachim.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>