[OS X TeX] Celsius

Bernhard Barkow bb at creativeeyes.at
Mon Feb 14 20:36:33 CET 2005

I just had another idea: using XeteX, you can simply type

\usepackage{fontspec}
\begin{document}
\fontspec{Times New Roman}
The temperature is 10°C!
\end{document}

In standard LaTeX with

\usepckage[utf8]{inputenc}

the "°" is mapped to \textdegree, which seems not to be available in
all fonts again. Thus, $10^\circ\mathrm{C}$ is probably the best choice
in this case.

BB

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>