[OS X TeX] TeXShop Macros, Pseudo-Outliner

Alexandre Enkerli aenkerli at indiana.edu
Sun Feb 13 21:40:34 CET 2005

Hadn't really used TeXShop macros yet as many of them don't apply to
the documents I tend to write and OmniOutliner is my main editor.
Didn't realize creating macros was *that* useful. And simple! Thanks to
those who answered on the boldface shortcut.
Creating new macros also saves some of the trouble while creating lists.

One thing that would just be awesome is if macros or other
keyboard-accessible commands were able to do some limited outlining
stuff like moving portions of the source around (up/down, left/right)
based on hierarchical level (with tabs). No need for
collapsing/expanding levels or anything that completely changes the
interface (though those would be really neat). Just some ways to select
a list and its sublists. And a way to move stuff up and down. Of
course, "shift right" and "shift left" already work, though with
awkward default shortcuts which conflict with WordService.

Yeah, this might be a bit crazy for TeXShop but it'd be sooo cool! ;-)

Creating LaTeX sources in OmniOutliner is quite fun but TeXShop
obviously has advantages for TeX editing... ;-)

Alex

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>