[OS X TeX] Wish list

Matthew Hills hills_tex at tina.stanford.edu
Sat Feb 12 21:19:46 CET 2005

On Feb 12, 2005, at 11:41 AM, Alexandre Enkerli wrote:
>> (1) Command Select to select discontinuous text to which to apply
>> typeface formatting from the LaTeX panel.
> Personally, a keyboard shortcut for, say, \textbf{} (cmd-b would be
> nice) and \emph{} (cmd-i?) would be much more help than the panel...
> By any chance, is this there already? It seems so obvious...

Take a look at the Macro menu in TeXShop.
There are short macros that will do most of these styling commands.
If you select "Open Macro Editor..." you can then assign keyboard
shortcuts to your heart's content.

How often do you apply boldface?
If there is a class of things in bold, then I'll usually define a new
command for that group of things
that applies the bold (this way I can change the definition later)

I use italics more commonly in writing, and even then I'll often define
a new command for a word
that I use really often...

Matt

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>