[OS X TeX] graphic conversion

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Sat Feb 12 10:07:06 CET 2005

This is all very well, but I am one of two who managed, after 5 years
of fighting, to get a Mac in a place where the other 250 are using
Windows and Mac were actually banned. I bought my first Mac out of
pocket and managed to get this 1998 PB. I'm now trying to get them to
buy me a new Mac. This place is part of a network of about 8 other
research stations where Macs are only a little more tolerated than at
my place. My influence on my colleagues is rather limited.

I'd day I "survived" and managed to get my PB paid for by always being
compatible and never asking a colleague to have to do additional
efforts on files that came from me.

It is obviously not just "forced collaboration". After a meeting, a few
of us may be asked to produce a summary of a session. This means taking
7-8 presentations and pulling some slides from each one into a new
presentation. Easy in PowerPoint. Maybe easy with LaTeX too if all
presentations are in that format. But this is not the world I have to
live in.

I still find it amazing that there would be no converter from pdf to
pict that could preserve vector objects. Maybe I'll fire back old
Classic, where QuickDraw is the native engine, and see what I can get.
Sight.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>