[OS X TeX] Conversion of Latin Modern to OTF

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Feb 12 02:45:08 CET 2005

Am I missing something obvious? I've just been reinstalling my TeX
setup completely, after an Archive & Install of Panther. I chose Expert
mode and TL2005, and asked for all actions to be performed (format
selection, etc.). I didn't see any font-related choice, and thought
that LM fonts would be converted automatically to OTF format in
/Library/Fonts in the process: I thought the TeX i-Package told
i-Installer to check for the presence of the directory
/Library/Fonts/Latin Modern, and if that directory wasn't there then
the conversion from PFB to OTF would be performed automatically.

Alas that didn't happen, and I swear there was no /Library/Fonts/Latin
Modern directory beforehand. Is this a bug, or is it just too late in
the night for me to think properly?

Something odd I noticed: when choosing the type of install, the three
choices were "Expert", "Complete" and "Basic". What's Complete (or may
be it was Full, I'm not sure) meant to be here?

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>