[OS X TeX] Replace LaTeX????

Jon Crump jjcrump at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 11 20:25:13 CET 2005

... And what's more, I've always considered the greatest advantage of a
typesetting program is the two tiered process of editing. The first time
through _should_ look messy: that's because it _is_. WYSIWYG editors
obscure this fact by making it seem like your first draft is ready to
publish, which it _isn't_.

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> The tex source is not intended for reading but only for compiling. Human
> reading is only required for editing. I therefore have to admit that I don't
> understand this discussion.
J.J. Crump
Dept. of History 353560
University of Washington