[OS X TeX] Replace LaTeX????

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Fri Feb 11 19:00:07 CET 2005

On 12 Feb 2005, at 2:52 AM, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> But there are things which I like better in a WYSIWYG app: footnotes
> is an example. To have them in your main text is not nice IMO...

I agree here in theory, and that is why I use the \footnotemark +
\footnotetext{This is my footnote.} syntax. If you want something
smaller in your paragraph, \let\fnm\footnotemark or something:

    \let\fnm\footnotemark
    This is a paragraph which requires a footnote\fnm\
    and which I'd like to display without breaking it up
    with the actual footnote text. This seems fairly logical to me.

    \footnotetext{Does anyone know why Knuth was
    recommended against using footnotes in the \TeX{}Book?}

Ah, much better!
Alternatively, I must highly recommend AucTeX, which I've recently
installed. Its support of folding is really excellent (except they
don't seem to be remembered between app quits?).

Regards,
Will

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>