[OS X TeX] OT: Pages from iWork

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Thu Feb 10 14:07:35 CET 2005

On 10.02.2005, at 13:40, Ingo Reich wrote:

> Hi Simon,
> thanks for your suggestion; seems to be a very interesting, useful and
> cheap (!) little program.
> Ingo

Getting OT here: At the moment, Mellel is about the only really useable
word processor for academic writing on the Mac IMO. Although it's a
really cheap app done basically by two (!!) people, it seems to be the
only app which aims to follow in Framemaker's footsteps It still misses
some important features, but the features it has are generally very
well thought out, and the next two updates will bring a lot of
additional features. I'm really curious to see whether it can be
replace LaTeX for before I finish my PhD thesis.

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Mutschellenstr. 97