[OS X TeX] TeXShop: how to remedy "Unknown graphics

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 6 11:33:44 CET 2005

On 6 feb 2005, at 3:08, david craig wrote:

>> pdflatex only knows about .pdf, .png and .jpg files using the
>> graphic(x) package.
>
> Wouldn't it just make everyone's life simpler if pdflatex were taught
> to recognize eps files?  I mean ... is there a good reason why not?

Yes, you'd need to include all of ghostscript with tex. Apart from the
maintenance headaches, that just isn't sound in its design.

You'll get used to translating the eps files to pdf, especially given
the ease with which pdf files can be viewed on most systems (easier in
most cases than eps files).

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>