[OS X TeX] What kind of operation is TeXing? (concerning hardware)

Aldo Manfroi amanfroi at mac.com
Fri Feb 4 19:52:40 CET 2005

I think that the site mentioned by Gerben:
http://www.nslog.org/latex.html
would be very appropriate then. The sample "document" has about 550
pages.
Seeing how long it takes on different machines and the other comments
on how the Mac mini stacks up with them should give you a good starting
point.
On my lowly G3 it took about 48 seconds to compile, without Terminal
output. I am definitely not planning to do anything more than 100 pages
long on this Mac...

AJM

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>