[OS X TeX] can't get Equation Editor to work

Na Li nali at umn.edu
Fri Feb 4 00:48:18 CET 2005

On 3 Feb 2005, Gerben Wierda uttered the following:

On 3 Feb 2005, at 17:28, Na Li wrote:

> > I'm not sure why the commands like 'mkdir' or 'rm could be found.
> > Perhaps their full paths should be used in EqEditor?
> >
> > Anyway, after I opened Equation Editor at the command line, I got it
> > working.
>
> This is a sign that your environment (PATH especially) for GUI apps is
> hosed. Check ~/,MacOSX/environment.plist. If you start form the command
> line, the app inherits the CLI environment which is set in another way.

It turned out that it was a problem with my ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist
file.  I had

 <key>PATH</key>
 <string>$HOME/bin:/sw/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current</string>

where I think '$HOME' didn't get recognized and the PATH variable was set
to something nonsensical.   Remove it and everything works fine.

Michael

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>