[OS X TeX] What kind of operation is TeXing? (concerning hardware)

Steffen Wolfrum osxtex at st.estfiles.de
Thu Feb 3 22:20:42 CET 2005

>Regarding TeXing, I am using a Dual USB iBook (500MHz G3) and an
>Blue and White tower (350MHz G3) and I am happy with them. The
>memory has been maxed on both. BUT, I am doing small projects.
>Flashmode for a document with many (tens of) pages and figures would
>probably be out (I don't use it. I just compile and open in
>Preview). I think it would help to know what size of projects you
>will have to deal with.
>
>AJM

I am typesetting books (arts and philosophy) for publishing houses;
books like 300 to 500 pages small A4 size, sometimes (seldom) with
images included in the text, sometimes in non western languages
(that's why I need XeTeX). But always typographically appealing
(that's why I need some speed to be able to "play" with variations,
writing in ConTeXt).

Steffen
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>