[OS X TeX] Pdftricks problem

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Feb 3 17:35:42 CET 2005

On 2/3/05 9:43 AM, "Vince McGarry" <vmcgarry at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> Thanks for response, but this is the complete latex file that causes the
> problem---this problem does not occur when using latex/ghostscript---only
> pdflatex. I am using the most current version of everything and would be
> pleased to send you a copy of the ps graphic, pdf graphic, latex file, and
> my log file with file list if you have the time and think you might be able
> to help.
>
> Vince

Howdy,

I think he meant it was missing the \documentclass, \begin{document} and
\end{document} lines.

As I said it seems to be the ps2eps step that produces the wrong Bounding
Box in the eps file. The eps file is deleted by pdftricks so you don't see
it. I still have the ps file though. If you go to Terminal and run ps2pdf on
the xxxx-fig1.ps file (the ps file generated by pdftricks for that figure.
The command is "ps2eps -f xxxx-fig1.ps" [without the quotes and after cd'ing
to the directory of the file]) and look at the xxxx-fig1.eps file it
produces with a text editor you'll see a BoundingBox line where the second
number is 513. Change that to 511 and save it. Drop the fixed eps file onto
TeXShop which will automatically convert it to pdf (using epstopdf, like
pdftricks) and you'll see that the clipping is gone.

In terms of a permanent fix I have no answers; Sorry about that. My tendency
has always been to go the latex+ghostscript route when using embedded
PostScript.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>