[OS X TeX] Pdftricks problem

Vince McGarry vmcgarry at austin.rr.com
Thu Feb 3 16:09:08 CET 2005

I have been having a problem with pdftricks and I know a few of you do use
it. I have been using pstricks for some time now and have been wanting to
take advantage of some of the typographical features of pdflatex so I began
to experiment. In the following the lower part of the generated pdf file
(labels on the horizontal axis) is clipped on my system even though I am
leaving way more than enough room. This compiles correctly on at least one
other system showing no problem.

\usepackage{ifpdf}
\ifpdf%
    \usepackage{pdftricks}
    \begin{psinputs}
        \usepackage{pstricks}
        \usepackage{pst-plot}
    \end{psinputs}
\else
    \usepackage{pstricks}
    \usepackage{pst-plot}
    \newenvironment{pdfpic}{}{}
\fi

\begin{pdfpic}
    \psset{xunit=50pt,yunit=20pt}
    \begin{pspicture*}(-1,-4)(5,7)
    \psaxes[showorigin=false,ticks=all,arrowscale=1.5]{->}(4.5,6.5)
    \end{pspicture*}
\end{pdfpic}

The ps file of the graphic from which the final pdf graphic is generated
shows no problem at all. If I open the ps file in Preview the converted pdf
indicates no problem, but when converting the ps to pdf using ps2eps
followed by epstopdf some clipping does occur.

Anyone have any ideas???

Vince McGarry
Austin Community College
Rio Grande Campus