[OS X TeX] Recommendations for downloading LaTEX

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 1 16:19:00 CET 2005

On 1 feb 2005, at 15:58, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> That triggers me: what about a miniTeX option on install? Selecting
> that
> would install the absolute minimum TeX. What should be in there? Which
> binaries form the bin directory? Which directories from texmf.tetex &
> texmf.gwtex?
>
> If you people can agree on a list, I can implement it in the current
> i-Package.

The same as what is installed by the minimal MikTeX install option.
However, from reading the FAQ, that may be \emph{very} minimal, as
MikTeX
provides an option to download as needed. I didn't find a file list
though,
so no actual list of files.

Another option is to mirror what is available in OzTeX.

 From the top of my head:

pdftex
latex/base (includes the graphics bundle iirc)
amsmath
bibtex
makeindex (xindy will not compile, the clisp they can use will not
compile on OS X, the clisp that compiles on OS X will not build xindy.
Trust me, I tried).

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>