[OS X TeX] Multiple choice tests

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 18:56:01 CET 2005

I would like to create a twenty-five questions multiple-choice exam with
a bank of, say, 5 variations for each question.

I googled the web for a couple of hours and didn't really see anything
that wouldn't require a major investment of time and energy because they
do a lot more than what I have in mind which is something of the order
of one folder for each question in which I would have the 5 variants in
the form of pdf files. Then a macro would randomely include one file
from each folder in a master source so that I could reuse the exam. It
would be nice if the order of the included questions in the source could
also be randomized.

My questions:

    Does this seem feasible?
    If so, where could I learn just enough Applescript to write the script?

    Has anyone had any experience with, or at least seen, something like
    that?
    If so, where could I find it?

New Year regards,
--schremmer