[OS X TeX] status of Spotlight indexing of .tex files?

mark oilcan markoilcan at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 21 17:17:09 CET 2005

--- Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> In addition, I'd like to see Spotlight Preferences have a tab to
> permanently add (forced if necessary) directory trees to index so
> there would be no need to use SpotlightIndexer.

It is possible to do this, although not through the System Preferences. How
is explained here:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=2005050222125145

The hint neglects to mention that the field in the plist that you need to
modify also has <array/> in it which must be deleted. (This is mentioned in
one of the follow up comments.)

Mark A