Off list: Re: [OS X TeX] status of Spotlight indexing of .tex files?

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 16:02:18 CET 2005

>> Understand that while Spotlight doesn't index all text files that
>> might be a blessing.

I don't like anyone to do things for my own good. If not the next thing,
then the next one is sure to be "trusted computing", what Stallman calls
"treacherous computing". I don't want to rislk getting off topic but I
think that it is a real danger, one that everyone ought at least to be
aware of (I wasn't until recently) and one more than likely to occur
sooner than later.

Aside from its "style"—which can be annoying, I think that the following
is a must reading

    http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/can-you-trust.html

Frightened regards
--schremmer