[OS X TeX] pdf font coding problems

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Tue Dec 20 13:27:36 CET 2005

As recently as Dec 9, I was able to include cmr fonts in illustrator
but now this does not work anymore. Specifically, I was able to copy/
paste texshop equations into illustrator and display them properly
(i.e. w/o font substitution) in latex. Now, when I try the same
procedure, the copy/pasted math in the final latex output appear with
substituted fonts. In the meanwhile I updated my TeX installation and
this is apparently the reason for this behavior: I have backups of
pdflatex output that looks fine, but when I typeset again the fonts
become substituted. I've no idea what has caused this change - is
there a way to obtain the old behavior? Alas, new is not always good...

Themis