[OS X TeX] status of Spotlight indexing of .tex files?

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at cox.net
Tue Dec 20 10:52:50 CET 2005

On Dec 19, 2005, at 5:35 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> .dtx files are not useful, they have quite the same contents as the
> STY or CLS or TEX docu files that are created from them. The same
> is true for index and other files that are created from your TeX
> source -- what new information do they contain that's not already
> in the source?

I disagree. I have any number of dtx files that I have downloaded in
order to look at the contents, but have not made the .sty nor
documentation files from them -- I'd like to be able to track down
the information in them. And, as I said It is often convenient to
open the .dtx file for a quick glance at the macros and their
accompanying documentation. I also think it is useful to be able to
keep track of index files and the information that they contain, and
the fact that they exist with that information.

SGM