[OS X TeX] Indexes

Georg Verweyen verweyen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 09:50:06 CET 2005

Alain Schremmer schrieb:

> Georg Verweyen wrote:
>
>> Alain Schremmer schrieb:
>>
>>> Also, if you want to index "new term" while it appears differently
>>> in the source, say as a plural as in "I want to index new terms",
>>> what you do is to macro "new term" and then select the final s and
>>> bloldface it.
>>

>> If the intern result is something like ...\textbf{example}\textbf{s}
>> it will kill the hyphenation. Just in case ...
>

> I truly do not see what you mean and since I really don't want to kill
> anything in my book, could you please expand? :-)

Yes:
If a macro turns \make{something} into
\index{something}\textbf{something} and you want to have »somethings«
(plural) in your text, then you /could/ (but should not!) write
\make{something}\textbf{s} in the text.
This might look like \textbf{somethings} in the printout until you have
a linebreak, but then you'll see that \textbf{something}\textbf{s} may
or may not be hyphenated correctly.

Regards, Georg