[OS X TeX] Where did Minion go?

Peder Axensten peder at axensten.se
Sat Dec 17 15:41:56 CET 2005

I just updated to Gerben's latest, last time was a year ago.
Almost every time I do this I run into problems with "my own" fonts,
mainly Adobe Minion and Garamond.
I'd really like to sort this problem out once and for all, I though I
did it after the last update, but...
I don't really know much about LaTeX and fonts and I'd really
appreciate some help.

I've run
sudo updmap
sudo texhash
after the update, but I get a bunch of

Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8/pdflatex (file
pmnrd8x):
Font pmnrd8x at 1037 not found
kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+437/600 --dpi
1037 pmnrd8r
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for pmnrd8r.

and the resulting pdf lacks the Minion font.

There is an extra thing with my setup. I need extra LaTeX things for
all users of my machine so I've set up an extra folder parallell to
texmf.gwtex, texmf.local, texmf.tetex etc. and after each update I
have to add it to the paths in texmf.cnf. I can live with this and
it's never been any problem. Other things in it are found (e.g. .sty
files) when compiling. If the font problem is related to this setup I
don't know. I hope not.

Where should all these .fd, .map etc. files go?
Any help appreciated.

/Peder
+46-90-786.7719 (work)
+46-90-32344 (home)