[OS X TeX] bibtex cannot find my files

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Dec 16 10:36:38 CET 2005

Am 16.12.2005 um 09:53 schrieb Christian Jost:

> but I installed unix-style symbolic links (there seems to be a
> difference to macintosh type alias's), maybe they require a texhash to
> be done

The Classic (and modern) Apple links won't work in a UNIX based
environment like teTeX. If you did not change teTeX's configuration
than a texhash won't change a thing for files in your personal arsenal
(because they're not indexed by default). ~/Library/texmf usually is a
tree of some hundred files, compared to over 20,000 files in
/usr/local/teTeX. So they're all found within milliseconds.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by"
(Douglas Adams)