[OS X TeX] Euro-Symbols are subsituted by question marks

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Thu Dec 15 03:09:41 CET 2005

On Dec 14, 2005, at 11:08 AM, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> Am 14.12.2005 um 17:21 schrieb Bruno Voisin:
>
>> Then Georg has probably got the explanation right: you had
>> previously selected an input encoding in TeXShop's document pref,
>> and this setting has been changed by the new install.
>
> I've changed TeXShop's document prefs to ISO Latin 1 months ago.
> And this setting isn't changed now. All my documents load
> \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}.
>
> But you are allright: SubEthaEdit tells that tex files generated by
> TeXShop are MacOS Roman encodet although the document prefs
> determine to generate ISO Latin 1.
>
> But how can I _solve_ this problem? And why does it appear?

BBEdit and TextWrangler let you reopen a document in different
encoding; so, for example, if you open a document which has the Euro
character changed for a question mark, go to menu File -> Reopen
Using Encoding and change to another encoding until you see your
document has all characters right, then select Save As..., and in
Options... select the encoding and line breaks (Macintosh, Unix or
DOS) you prefer.

Best regards,

Axel