[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package updated, Easy Mac font support for PDFTeX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Dec 7 16:29:57 CET 2005

Le 7 déc. 05 à 16:06, Martin Buchmann a écrit :

> That's just the very issue i'm dealing with: Where to put my
> personal map files instead?
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/dvips/misc ??

Indeed, if you want them to be usable by all account owners on your Mac.

To put files there, you can either use drag-and-drop from the Finder
(you'll be asked to authenticate) or use "sudo mv" or "sudo cp" in
Terminal.

Then:

- Run "sudo texhash".

- Run "sudo -H updmap-sys" with the necessary addition of the
appropriate map file names and options, for example:

	sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map mymapfile.map

The TeX i-Package actually uses ""sudo -H -u root updmap-sys", to
also set root as the file owner (if I understood correctly).

Earlier on Gerben detailed the various issues in a rather technical
message reproduced at the end of this message. That was at the time
of the per-user vs. global configuration havoc. I'm not sure whether,
due to design decisions made later on, the following still applies as
is.

Bruno Voisin