[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package updated

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Wed Dec 7 16:00:16 CET 2005

>GW> I have updated the TeX i-Package. I ran into trouble optimizing the  number
>GW> of times formats and maps are created during the configure  phase. As a
>GW> result, it could be that after updating you end up with  outdated formats
>GW> and as a result a lot of things fail.

I saw something strange during the setup of the font maps. In the list
during the configuration dialog I saw both lm-qx.map and qx-lm.map. Similar
for the other lm stuff.

In my /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/updmap.cfg I found indeed
both. This could be due to a leftover from previous installations. I'll try
deleting this file.
In /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/web2c/updmap.cfg I found only the
*-lm.map (like qx-lm.map) entries, but the filenames in
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/map/dvips/lm are of the form
lm-qx.map and therefore inconsistent with the .cfg file. So how should it be?
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>