[OS X TeX] status of Spotlight indexing of .tex files?

Michael Williams williams at thphys.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 7 02:02:36 CET 2005

On 6 Dec 2005, at 23:54, Michael Sciascia wrote:

> I seem to have missed the previous thread about spotlight and .tex
> files, so I just tried to search with spotligh \tabular and it
> found all
> my (few) tex files on the Hard disk, same thing with things like
> "\subsection{....}".
>
> I just have tex installed (not aware of emacs) from the 77 MB dmg
> because I didn't have any broadband then and running Mac OS X 10.4.3

Same here. Spotlight finds the likes of "usepackage" perfectly. I'm
running 10.4.3. This is the first time I've tried it, so I can't say
whether this was the case in previous versions of 10.4

The only emacs I have installed is the pre-built version that comes
with OS X. Being a vi man, I have not replaced or upgraded this. To
my knowledge, I've never even run it.

-- Mike