[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package updated, Easy Mac font support for PDFTeX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Dec 6 15:58:24 CET 2005

Le 6 déc. 05 à 15:21, Gary L. Gray a écrit :

> I was about to update TeX and then I had a look in:
>
> ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/
>
> I found that there are a number of updmap directories. Should all
> of these be removed? In particular, I found:
>
> ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap/
>
> ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/
>
> ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/

Unless you put yourself some map files there, for example inside ~/
Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/, then yes I think you can
remove these directories safely.

In relation with the move to per-user configurations inside TeXLive
2005, and the support nightmare this created for gwTeX, Gerben
explained a couple of months ago what shouldn't be inside ~/Library/
texmf and can be deleted:

> De : Gerben Wierda
> Date : 10 octobre 2005 00:56:41 HAEC
> Objet : [OS X TeX] New TeX i-Packages/fat volume
>
> [...]
>
> I advise people to only use system-wide configuration and to choose
> Remove per-user settings (removes web2c subdirectory, language.dat
> and updmap results from your ~/Librarytexmf texmf tree) during the
> TeX i-Package configuration phase.

Since then Gerben has decided to drop support for per-user settings
completely; as a result I'm not sure whether this "Remove per-user
settings" instruction exists any longer in the TeX i-Package
configuration phase.