[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package updated, Easy Mac font support for PDFTeX

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Tue Dec 6 15:21:51 CET 2005

On Dec 6, 2005, at 8:31 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 6 déc. 05 à 13:59, Paul Vickers a écrit :
>
>> Ok, tried doing a configure from i-Insaller and selecting font
>> maps - but no change. So, I manually added gtamacfonts.map and
>> gtamacfonts-atl.map with a sudo updmap command and then everything
>> worked. Not sure this was the right thing to do, but it seems to
>> work.
>
> It would have been better to erase ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/
> updmap/pdftex.map, which shouldn't exist. The properly updated map
> file is /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/
> pdftex.map, but the existence of ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/
> updmap/pdftex.map prevents it from being taken into account.

I was about to update TeX and then I had a look in:

~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/

I found that there are a number of updmap directories. Should all of
these be removed? In particular, I found:

~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap/

~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/

~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/

Again, is it best to simply delete all of these directories?