[OS X TeX] Word to LaTeX

Friedrich Vosberg vatolin at mac.com
Mon Dec 5 09:23:39 CET 2005

Am 05.12.2005 um 00:10 schrieb Simon Spiegel:

> On 04.12.2005, at 23:57, Morten Høgholm wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 23:53:29 +0100, Simon Spiegel
>> <simon at simifilm.ch> wrote:
>>
>>> Well, that's not really what I'm interested in. The route I had
>>> in mind would be – if it worked – much cleaner.
>>
>> The starting point for converting from other formats is <http://
>> www.tug.org/utilities/texconv/index.html>.
>
> ... starting from a somewhat structured XML file would make the
> conversion a lot easier ...
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My experience with Word files and Word users is, that they never ever
use a really _logically_ markup. The documents are overfull by double
linebreaks instead of paragraph breaks, tabs instead of indents, bold
and underlined characters instead of real headers.

How should LaTeX recognize a logical structure in such documents to
convert them right?

I think, the problem is _not_ Word. The problem are the Word _users_.

Kind regards. Friedrich

--
An Apple a day keeps the doc(tor) away.