[OS X TeX] Problems with signed mails?

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 4 16:49:25 CET 2005

OK, I'll bite:

On 4 Dec 2005, at 14:27, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> it seems like the Mailing List has problems with signed mails. When
> I tried to send a signed mail, I got the mail back with the
> following line added:

[snip]

> Is this intended behaviour?

It appears you use S/MIME to send signed messages. Those are useless
to list software anyway, as the list message at the end of the mail
invalidates the signature, but the filter you bumped into is the
filter that stops attachments from going on the list - and that is a
good thing.

I think intended behaviour should be to strip off signatures
silently, and attachments noisily, but I can live with the current
behaviour. For now just remember to switch off your signatures when
sending to the list.

Maarten