[OS X TeX] gtamachoefler and olstyle figures in LaTeX.

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Dec 2 12:29:24 CET 2005

Am 02.12.2005 um 12:06 schrieb Greg Restall:

> Is there a general package that someone has written that does this?
> (Replace figures by smallcap variants?)

Not yet, as far as I know. Philipp Lehman describes in his
fontinstallationguide an approach.

The general problem is that there aren't so many fonts with OSF and
real Small Caps. And when you found one you have to create two
PostScript fonts because otherwise you wouldn't have access to 330+
glyphs. The only 'standard' is the 'expert encoding' by Adobe. So you
have to ask yourself: is the expense worth?

With an easy way to have access to rich Unicode encoded TrueType or
OpenType fonts it would make much sense to write an extension to NFSS2
... (I started writing on a Perl script to ease the use of TrueType as
PostScript Type 1 in TeX, that fixes many problems, needs user input
into the Perl code for particular fonts to fix issues with glyph names,
could be out after Christmas, uses non-standard font encodings, but I'm
no TeXnician to write any useful TeX code.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

Chicago, n.:
         Where the dead still vote ... early and often!