[OS X TeX] documentclass undefined

Jens Nöckel noeckel at uoregon.edu
Fri Aug 26 19:25:09 CEST 2005

On Aug 26, 2005, at 9:55 AM, Vince Filby wrote:

> I didn't adjust any config files although I did attempt another
> installation.  I uninstalled using i-installer and rm -rf
> /usr/local/tetex.  Then I reinstalled using the i-installer. It still
> is running pdfetex.
Maybe I overlooked this in the long thread, but did you try the
following really basic things:
1)
Type "which latex" and make sure you don't  have latex or pdflatex
aliased or symlinked to anything else (pdfetex) in your initialization
files. Even if you PATH is correct, there might be aliases...
2)
Specify the path with the command, e.g. /usr/local/bin/latex (I use
fink's tetex, so my paths are different, but I think that's what GWtex
has, right?)
3)
Try alternatives to latex that should do the same thing:
your-full-path/pdfelatex -output-format=dvi  filename
your-full-path/pdfelatex -progname=latex filename

Maybe one of these works and one can go from there with a diagonosis.

Jens

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>