[OS X TeX] documentclass undefined

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Aug 26 16:50:46 CEST 2005

Le 26 août 05 à 16:35, Vince Filby a écrit :

>> In case nothing works, I would recommend uninstalling TeX from i-
>> Installer, backup your local additions from texmf.local, erase /usr/
>> local/teTeX completely, then reinstall and see what happens.
>
> That may be a good idea, when I tried reinstalling it before I didn't
> rm the teTex directory.  I will try that next.

When uninstalling TeX, what you may have added or modified inside /
usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/ isn't touched. Hence, if there is
a config file there interfering with the working of the system, it
won't be removed.

Once everything is reinstalled, and you've verified LaTeX works, then
you may put back your additions one by one, and see what happens.

Also, in case that's what you did, never copy use verbatim a config
or similar file from a previous TeX setup (for example your previous
Debian TeX): inspect the config files from gwTeX, and merge back your
modifications manually in these files, one by one.

As a previous Textures user, I remember people once reporting
problems here, which turned out to be caused by the fact that, when
migrating to gwTeX, they had just copied their Textures TeX input
directories inside ~ /texmf.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>