[OS X TeX] First iteration of performance results

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Aug 26 16:03:59 CEST 2005

Le 26 août 05 à 15:49, Steffen Wolfrum a écrit :

> Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at mac.com> wrote:
>
>>  On my setup, when going to <http://tug.org/texshowcase/tex-perf>
>> with
>>  Safari then saving the script from there, a file tex-perf.sh was
>>  created, with the .sh extension made invisible in the Finder (you
>>  have to use Get Info Cmd-I, or "ls -l" in Terminal, to see it's
>> there).
>
> Hmm, on my machine Safari saves it with a txt extension?

Actually it seems to depend on whether the page is loaded from the
visited site, or from the cache: the first time I look at tex-perf,
then ask to save it, Safari adds a .sh extension by default (and, if
I were to go on with the saving procedure, would ask whether I wanted
to add a .txt extension to the .sh extension) ; then if I surf
elsewhere, then go back this page, and ask to save it, Safari adds
now a .txt extension by default; then if I empty the cache, and do
the same, the .sh extension is back again.

> P.S.
> And what is your result of
> $ fmtutil --byfmt pdflatex >/dev/null

$ fmtutil --byfmt pdflatex >/dev/null
fmtutil: format directory `/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c'
is not writable.
$ sudo fmtutil --byfmt pdflatex >/dev/null
Password:
$

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>