[OS X TeX] First iteration of performance results

Richard Grubb rgrubb at cox.net
Fri Aug 26 03:46:29 CEST 2005

400 MHz PowerPc G3 Lombard (Bronze Keyboard)
PowerPC 750 (82.2)
192 MB RAM (J1 128MB J3 64 MB)
1MB L2 Cache
OS X 10.3.9 (7W98)
pdfeTeX 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
kpathsea version 3.5.4

With six programs and OS 9.2 idle
99.95 real        52.11 user        15.09 sys

After a reboot and no other programs but Terminal running
98.05 real        51.34 user        14.44 sys

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>