[OS X TeX] Two BibDesk/bibtex questions

Fernando Pereira fcnpereira at mac.com
Thu Aug 18 20:38:34 CEST 2005

1. I'm trying to update an RSS feed with my publications, and here's
an initial fragment of the result:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rss version="0.92">
<channel>
<title>Fernando Pereira's publications</title>
<link>http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~pereira/bib/pubs.html</link>
<description></description>
<language>en</language>
<copyright>Copyright 2005, Fernando Pereira</copyright>
<editor></editor>
<lastBuildDate>Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:32:38 US/Eastern</lastBuildDate>

<item>
<description>
</description>
<link>http://www.cis.upenn.edu/\~blitzer/papers/nips.pdf</link>
</item>

<item>
<description>
</description>
<link>http://www.seas.upenn.edu/\~ryantm/papers/segmentationHLT-
EMNLP2005.pdf</link>
</item>

What happened to the descriptions? (paper titles)

2. Many of the URLs are of the form .../~user/.... To avoid breaking
other things, eg. bib2html, the "~" has to be escaped. But that
breaks the URLs in the RSS feed, and requires hand correction of URLs
dragged into the BibDesk URL field. Is there some magic workaround
for this problem?

Thanks

-- F

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>