[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT 1.4.1 beta

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Aug 17 13:11:44 CEST 2005

Am 16.08.2005 um 16:58 schrieb Pierre Chatelier:

> Thanks to a very recent idea, I made a first step for supporting
> xelatex under LaTeXiT
> So here is a new beta of LaTeXiT, that can use xelatex (but requires
> pdflatex anyway).
> Actually, only the composition process has been changed; for instance,
> I do not use a different default preamble.

I think you should present a default preamble like that one Bruno
proposed yesterday, plus a reminder for other faces:

     \usepackage{fontspec} % for AAT/OT fonts
     \usepackage{xunicode} % for Unicode accents
     \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Hoefler Text} % standard regular
serifs
     \setsansfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Arial} % without serifs, rich, with
variants
     \setmonofont[Mapping=tex-text]{Courier} % typewriter

> Peter, can you check if it is enough for your needs ?

Actually it was Calvin W. Jackson, Jr. on August 4th who asked whether
there is XeLaTeX support possible in LaTeXiT ... (and I am only Pete)

In Preferences -> Composition:
   when xelatex is checked you should grey-out pdfLaTeX (since xeLaTeX
is greyed-out when in pdfLaTeX)
   when in latex+dvipdf you should grey-out pdfLaTeX
   xeLaTeX is probably more correctly spelled as 'XɘLaTeX' (ɘ is
U+0258), look at the logo at
http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=XeTeX&

I am missing a chooser to choose any of the three possible ways to
render the given input ... or at least the information which method
will be used.

The version 1.4.1 produces in /tmp/<uid>/TemporaryItems 2 TeX files ...
TeX file #2 contains the sizes code and is processed always by
pdfLaTeX. So these errors come up:

	(/Users/pete/Library/texmf/tex/xetex/xunicode.sty

	/Users/pete/Library/texmf/tex/xetex/xunicode.sty:17: LaTeX Error: ***
this pack
	age currently works only with XeTeX ***
	 You are not using XeTeX, so we are exiting cleanly!
	 Continuing may lead to 'unavailable font metrics' errors!
	.
	[...]
	(/Users/pete/Library/texmf/tex/xetex/fontspec.sty

	/Users/pete/Library/texmf/tex/xetex/fontspec.sty:23: LaTeX Error:
	 *** Sorry!
	 *** The fontspec package only works with XeTeX.
	 *************************************************.

TeX file #1 says:

	\pagestyle{empty} \begin{document}$\color[rgb]{0.000,0.000,0.000}

Shouldn't the ``$´´ come after the colour definition?

Tonight some more ...

--
Greetings

   Pete