[OS X TeX] OT: PDF display problems

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Aug 15 18:02:43 CEST 2005

On Aug 15, 2005, at 9:56 AM, Bob Kerstetter wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> some time ago I experienced the same problem. In particular math
>> texts with lots of formulas looked horrible. At the end just some
>> black and white pattern showed up.  I am not sure if Adobe Acrobat
>> Reader is the culprit but I have the vague impression that the
>> problems appeared after installing AAReader which I needed for
>> some reason.
>>
>> Trying to get rid of AAReader removing everything which seemed to
>> be related to the reader didn't help. Eventually,  I used "clean
>> font caches" (with Onyx or Main Menue I can't remember) and now
>> everything is fine AAreader again installed.
>>

> I have no PDF problems with TeXSop or with Preview. Have never
> installed Adobe Reader on Tiger. Am running 10.4.2 on an 800 MHz
> iBook.
>
> Bob Kerstetter
> http://homepage.mac.com/bkerstetter/

Howdy,

You're lucky! I've had the same problems as Bruno and, it seems,
under the same conditions; when there are rapid changes in the file
system. I've noticed it much more with TeXShop rendering a XeLaTeX
document; long delays before rendering and then possibly incorrect
fonts, etc. I'm convinced it's a problem with the PDFkit and possibly
the way fonts are looked up and used under 10.4.2. If I take things
slower the problems seem to go away.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>