[OS X TeX] OT: PDF display problems

Christian Heine christian at geosci.usyd.edu.au
Mon Aug 15 10:25:05 CEST 2005

Dear list,
does anyone encounter problems displaying/printing PDFs in Tiger?
Since upgrading I have massive troubles in Preview, TeXShop,
BibDesk's preview and with the PDF Browser Plug-In when I open and
print PDF files. Sometimes just images are displayed, sometimes just
cryptic characters, sometimes just section titles, sometimes just
text paragraphs without headings, sometimes just one specific font in
a document is displayed, sometimes everything is fine. I can't
reproduce it, seems to happen randomly. I have various screenshots on
my public ftp at ftp://ftp.geosci.usyd.edu.au/pub/users/christian/
PDFproblems in case someone wants to have a closer look. I have
googled for this and also searched the Apple Discussion pages but
haven't found a solution nor anyone else experiencing this kind of
problem.
Everything is perfectly fine using Acrobat, so it appears to have
something to do with the native OS X pdf kit. Furthermore, this only
happens on my G5 not on the Powerbook (also running the same version
of Tiger).
Any clues?

Cheers, Christian

--
Christian Heine
ph.d. student

         USIMS       |    University of Sydney
                     |    Institute of Marine Science
                     |    Sydney, Australia

P +61 2 9351 4257   •   F +61 2 9351 0184

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>