[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT 1.4.0 released

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Aug 14 21:58:28 CEST 2005

Am 14.08.2005 um 20:33 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> pdfplatex

That could have been my error -- I am trying to do some more with a
shell script to find out why the wrong bbox is retrieved. And LaTeXiT
won't run it because the hack for color.sty does not work with it, and
so I might have chosen the wrong binary from
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current.

Pierre, /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current is the right
directory to get the binary from, although it's only a sym-link. The
actual directory containing all teTeX binaries can differ, because the
number like 7.9.0 is derived from the Darwin version on which teTeX was
compiled -- it has nothing to do with Darwin's or Mac OS X's on which
LaTeXiT is running. Gerben had in July an experimental release with
8.x.y as that number, compiled with gcc 4 on Tiger. And think of
Apple's plan to go to intel hardware! How do you create the path to the
pdflatex binary? A sensible way would be something like 'system("which
pdflatex")' ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

“One cannot live by television, video games, top ten CDs, and dumb
movies alone”
       (Amiri Baraka 1999)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>