[OS X TeX] Getting TeXshop to show full pathname in title bar?

Jan Hegewald j.hegewald at tu-bs.de
Wed Aug 10 09:04:30 CEST 2005

Am 10.08.2005 um 00:40 schrieb Timothy Van Zandt:

> Jan Hegewald wrote:
>
>> Am 08.08.2005 um 22:16 schrieb Timothy Van Zandt:
>>
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> With some big projects I am often editing files with the same
>>> name  but in different directories. Is there any way to get
>>> TeXshop to  show a full or at least truncated pathname in the
>>> title bar of the  document's window? I noticed that such
>>> displaying of the pathname  was added recently to the "Open
>>> Recent" menu...but not for the  title bar.
>>>
>> In case you don´t know already: one can command-klick the mini
>> document icon in the title bar to see and navigate thru the path.
>> HTH,
>>

> I didn't know. That's not a bad solution. Thanks!
>
> Since this problem had a OS-X generic solution, let me pose another
> editing question that is not really about TeXshop but rather OS X.
> When I am searching through a document using the find panel:
> because that panel is active, the window of the document through
> which I am searching is not active and the highlight color of text
> that is found is a dull gray, which often I have trouble seeing. I
> don't see any way to change this color or this behavior. Is there a
> way?
>
> thx.

I seldom do a search with the find panel open. Usually I enter the
search text with cmd-e or I close the find panel after entering the
search text. Now one can use cmd-g and or cmd-shift-g to search
forwards and backwards. This way there is no disturbing panel around.
These are standard keyboard shortcuts and should work in every editor.

HTH,
--Jan--
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>