[OS X TeX] embedding all fonts with pdftex

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Aug 5 13:04:55 CEST 2005

Le 5 août 05 à 12:51, Emile de Kleine a écrit :

> I use TeXShop with pdftex (from Gerben Wierda's i-Installer):
>
>> This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.20a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.3)
>> (format=pdflatex 2005.8.5)  5 AUG 2005 10:56
>> <...>
>>
> which produces a pdf file, of course.
>
> Now, I need to embed all fonts.
> (In my case, some fonts are embedded, but not fonts like Arial,
> Helvetica and Times; I guess these are the 14 base fonts.)
>
> Is there an easy -maybe not so easy- way to do this?

The following should fix this for all of pdfTeX, dvips and dvipdfm:
run in sequence, in Terminal:

     sudo updmap --setoption dvipsDownloadBase35 true
     sudo updmap --setoption pdftexDownloadBase14 true
     sudo updmap --setoption dvipdfmDownloadBase14 true

The values of these options are set when the TeX i-Package is
installed, during the configuration process: at one point you're
asked whether you want the "standard" PS font (Times, Helvetica,
etc.) to be included in PDF output, the default answer being No.
You're offered this option in Expert mode, I'm not sure it's visible
otherwise.

Hope this helps,

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>