[OS X TeX] Re: Lucida from OS 9 to OS X

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Aug 5 10:57:26 CEST 2005

Le 5 août 05 à 04:43, Fred E Szabo a écrit :

> Dear Bruno:
>
> What do I have to do to install and/or convert my Lucida Textures
> fonts so that they work with OS X software such as TeXShop?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Cheers, Fred Szabo

Hi,

I'm sorry but I can no longer answer individual requests for help on
TeX matters.

After some time posting to the Mac OS TeX list, I started receiving
direct requests like this one. Though startled, I did my best to
help. It could take anything between 10 mins and several hours, and
require several email exchanges. Often, after proposing a solution I
stopped receiving anything from the person having requested help,
which I suppose means the solution worked. I found this lack of
feedback and consideration rather frustrating and ungratifying, and
decided to stop answering direct help requests.

There is a whole community of Mac TeX users, some newcomers and
others very experienced, willing to help and to share the solution of
any particular problem, so that others can benefit from the solution
as well. See the Mac-TeX site <http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/>, and
the two mailing lists "Mac OS X TeX" (very active) and "Mac OS X TeX
Fonts" (not very active).

Regarding the Lucida fonts, there's the general tutorial at <http://
homepage.mac.com/bkerstetter/tex/fonttutorial-current.html> and a
number of past threads at the Mac OS X TeX list. A few years back, I
think, Gary Gray has posted a message describing the conversion and
installation process in detail, for the Textures Lucida fonts, though
I cannot locate this message in the list archive.

I'm cc'ing this message to the OS X TeX list, as I'm sure there'll be
people there able to help you in no time.

Good luck,

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>