[OS X TeX] LaTeX Equation Editor, LaTeXiT and XeTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Aug 4 19:15:13 CEST 2005

Am 04.08.2005 um 15:47 schrieb Calvin W. Jackson, Jr.:

> Can LaTeX Equation Editor and/or LaTeXiT be used with XeTeX? If so,
> how do I direct the tool to use XeTeX?

Go into the Preferences, department Composition. Check pdflatex (this
makes that only one programme is executed) and change the binary's name
in the box titled pdfLaTeX!

In Edition you should change the preamble!

Trying to set xelatex with Hoefler Text an error comes up:

	! LaTeX Error: File `osxfonts.sty' not found.

because:

	cd /private/tmp/501/TemporaryItems && pdflatex  -file-line-error
-interaction nonstopmode /private/tmp/501/TemporaryItems/latexit-1.tex
 > /private/tmp/501/TemporaryItems/latexit-1.err
	This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.30.0-rc2-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)

Although I changed the programme to xelatex still pdflatex is used ...

So we find that LaTeXiT does not work with XeLaTeX.

--
Greetings

   Pete

When you meet a master swordsman,