[OS X TeX] Code folding

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Thu Aug 4 15:49:08 CEST 2005

@ 14:42 on 4.8.05, Simon Spiegel wrote:

>IMO this is the biggest lack of TeXShop et al. I use TeXShop daily
>and for academic writing with loots of footnotes, folding would be a
>real blessing...

I have a related question:

For what are people using "folding" ?

Is it mainly as a navigational aid, or is it mainly for getting a view
of structure w/o content ? Or something else ?

I've nothing against folding and use it myself, but I've been wondering
whether, a combination of navigational markers (with associated
keystrokes for moving amongst them) and some kind of additional
"structural view" of the document might be as good as, or preferable to
folding ? Or is there something intrinsically appealing about
folding/collapsing ?

(its nearly Friday)

mark.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>