[OS X TeX] [ANN] BibDesk-1.1.3

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Aug 2 22:52:27 CEST 2005

Le 2 août 05 à 22:12, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> Matter of fact there seem to be several things that are less stable
> in Tiger. I was having lots of trouble with ManOpen (a nice front
> end for man pages with hyperrefs, appropos, etc.) that was traced
> to a few lines of html the author had used. When he changed that
> little bit everything worked fine. Worked great before Tiger.

Do you mean there's a new version of ManOpen coming? I'm also a
frequent user of ManOpen (both the stand-alone application, and the
command-line version openman), and I didn't see a new version on its
web page. Or do you mean a faulty man page has been fixed, not
ManOpen itself?

BTW, I've just realized it's fairly easy to add the relevant path for
gwTeX to the manpath searched by ManOpen: go to Preferences >
General, click the Add... button, navigate to /Library/teTeX/man or
type / or Cmd-G to navigate to /usr/local/teTeX/man, click Open.
You're done.

It seems ManOpen doesn't use the new Tiger mechanism in which the
manpath is specified in /usr/share/misc/man.conf (fixed by i-
Installer at the time gwTeX is installed).

An unfortunate change is that ManOpen now declares all extensions .1
to .9 as man pages, so that several of my files from years ago, with
names like "Chapitre 3.1", are seen by OS X as man pages whereas they
are actually MacWrite II files.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>