[OS X TeX] New *EXPERIMENTAL* TeX release

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Mon Aug 1 16:45:05 CEST 2005

On Aug 1, 2005, at 06:24, Gerben Wierda wrote:

>> 2. For those using Adam Maxwell's DVIImporter.mdimporter, after a new
>> TeX install the command "mdimport -f /usr/local/teTeX" needs to be
>> re-
>> run I suppose. In case the importer is planned to become a standard
>> part of the Mac OS X TeX install, would it be worth to include this
>> command at the end of the install stage?
>>

> I could either:
> 1. Add the importer and run it when on 10.4. Adam?
> 2. Check for 10.4 and the availability of the importer and 10.4 and
> then
> run it.

Source and binary will be available on the mactextoolbox project
soon.  BTW, I fixed a path buffer overflow in dvi2tty that you might
be interested in.

> 2 has the disadvantage that you need to rerun the configure phase
> if you
> install the importer after TeX. 1 has the disadvantage that I become
> dependent on Adam. Unless Adam creates an i-Package for the
> importer of
> course.

I wouldn't be opposed to creating an i-Package for it; I prefer drag-
and-drop install when possible, but that would insulate the user from
using Terminal to run mdimport as root.

> I'll go for 2 if someone tells me how I can find out if the DVI-
> importer
> is installed.

mdimport -L is the only way I know of.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>